The Secret of the Human Mind


“A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other. A solemn consideration, when I enter a great city by night, that every one of those darkly clustered houses encloses its own secret; that every room in every one of them encloses its own secret; that every beating heart in the hundreds of thousands of breasts there, is, in some of its imaginings, a secret to the heart nearest it!”

~Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities



I came across this quote during the summer, it fascinated me more than any other quote I've ever read. The truth about the human race is that we really could all be deceiving each other at this very moment. The mind is an unbreakable vault and we cannot truly ever know what is actually been allowed out of it; it may just be manifestations that come out of our mouths. I sit every day amongst people and I continuously try to guess what they are thinking, but I will never truly know and that to me is a world of crazy. So maybe that means the person you hold dearest to you doesn't really hold you up to the highest pedestal as they make it seem. Maybe it means that the world is just on massive illusion and we are all pawns to each other. But maybe, just maybe. that person you talk to every day thinks the world of you. Maybe your best friend is inspired by you. Maybe we're all just cowards and we need to own up to our thoughts.


All in all, we think things every moment and our minds are always running. The true beauty of the human though is the ability that we have to share these thoughts, we could say anything, the mind is infinite. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sight Seeing

I'm writing again...

What is a Writer?