Withered

This my lovely readers is the poem I wrote/preformed for today's Poetry Night at school. Thankfully, it's one of the first poems I wrote that didn't awkwardly rhyme... so I'm incredibly proud of it. Poetry is such a beautiful way of expressing yourself when you can't find another way to do it. So without further ado, here is Withered:
_______________________________

The sweet escape I’ve so longed for is yet to come
Thorns of the rose do not dull in my time of need
They pierce my very veins until I am numb again
They flood my very mind with images of a sorrowful nothing
How could a creation so beautiful lead such a destructive path?
Destruction consuming, controlling and engulfing
These beautiful petals have tortured my soul

And alone I stand with a withered rose

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sight Seeing

I'm writing again...

What is a Writer?